PLYMOUTH
DATA
www.plymouthdata.info

The Encyclopaedia of Plymouth History

Click here to return to the Home page      Click here for more information about this website       Click here to go to the A - Z Contents page       Click here to go to the Links page       Click here to go to the Disclaimer page       Click here to link to the Can you help? page


ROYAL DOCKYARD

GOSCHEN YARD

Updated:  05 September 2011 

During the 1950s an area of Keyham Barton previously the site of Goschen and Hamilton Streets, and Spencer Avenue, was taken over for the Main Electrical Factory.  

The first part was opened in 1957, the second in 1963, when the name Goschen Yard was selected for it.  Lord Goschen had been First Lord of the Admiralty in 1871.

NEXT - For MODERN DEVELOPMENTS
return to the main ROYAL DOCKYARD page

 


Source:

Burns, Lieutenant-Commander K V, DSM RN, "The Devonport Dockyard Story", Maritime Books, Liskeard, 1984.

  Brian Moseley, Plymouth, UK

Any problems viewing this webpage should be notified to the webmaster at plymouthdata dot info